The following list contains configuration guidelines and design tips developers should follow when building applications using existing Process Commander functionality intended to comply with accessibility standards.
- Do not use
px-fixedlayouts — these layouts fix the width of windows and forms
- Do not use inline styles — these styles fix fonts, colors and other style attributes
- Do not use the deferred load feature
- Avoid the use of AJAX-based displays — these typically require use of the mouse. Features to avoid include: conditional hide and show displays, onscreen calculations, and hover-over displays on worklists and harnesses
- Avoid using multiple icons — initial focus will be placed on them and not on the first input field
- Provide shortcut keys for frequently used buttons, fields, and actions