This presentation is part of the Portals Overview Self-Study Course.
In this scenario, the client would like certain users to have the capability to create their own custom reports. They would like to have a nice GUI Wizard to take them through the custom report generation. The wizard should be located in the Monitoring Activity workspace.
Complete the following steps to resolve this requirement:
- Locate the portal rule you wish to update.
- Click on the "Tabs" tab.
- Expand the tab titled "Monitoring Activity."
- In the column labeled ‘wide," click the ‘Append Row’ icon.
- Add the gadget labeled "NewReport" in the first column.
- Add the text "Create a New Report" in the second column and ensure the box labeled "Expanded" is checked.
Test by logging on as a user with the appropriate access group. The new gadget will appear.