Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Adding a Push Notification step
Learn how to notify users on mobile devices when a case requires action in App Studio. By using an event-driven model to share information, you can ensure that cases are resolved quickly.
This task takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.
- In the navigation panel, click Case types,and then click the name of a case type.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle if Optional actions is selected.
- Hover over a process in a stage and click + Step.
- In the palette that is displayed, click More, and then click Automations to display a list of step types.
- Click Push Notification, and then click Select to add the step to the life cycle.
- Identify the notification recipients:
- To notify users in the same application, select Application from the Recipient type list.
- To notify users in the same access group:
- In the Recipient type list, select Role.
- In the To list, select an access group that is in your current application.
- To notify a specific user:
- In the Recipient type list, select User.
- In the To list, select the ID of a user who belongs to an access group in your application.
- In the Message field, press the Down Arrow key and select a property that stores the notification message.
- Optional: To allow users on mobile devices to open the case from the notification, select the Open a case in mobile app check box.
- Optional: To give an audible cue to users when the push notification is received, select the Sound alert check box.
- Click Save.
- Pega Platform 7.4 – Sending push notifications from a case
- Pega Platform 7.3.1 – Sending push notifications from a case
- Pega Platform 7.3 – Sending push notifications from a case