Make Payment Microjourney - Communications
Configure and extend the Make Payment Microjourney™, which is part of the Pega Customer Service™ for Communications application.
- Business value
- Personas, channels, and use cases
- Assisted service example
- Stages and steps
- Data model
- Enabling the Microjourney
The Make Payment Microjourney enables communications company customers to easily make a payment for a single bill or multiple bills through a customer service representative (CSR). This Microjourney or use case, enables communications companies to lower their implementation costs by using this Microjourney out-of-the-box. This case also uses the new case template that standardizes the case structure for all Microjourneys, allowing for quicker deployment.
Pega Customer Service™ for Communications offers a best-in-class self-service interaction that allows customers to quickly and easily pay a bill, which improves customer satisfaction and decreases costs.
Personas, channels, and use cases
|Customer service representative (CSR)||Assisted channel through the Interaction portal||With a single interaction, customers can make a payment to one or more bills.|
Example: Assisted service
- The CSR can review bill details such as bill period, due date, and bill status.
- The CSR can select the amount due or enter a different amount.
- The CSR also has the option to select Promise to pay if the customer is unable to make a payment by the due date.
- If the CSR selects the Promise to pay option, they can enter a promise date and promise amount.
Stages and steps
The project team can modify and extend this Microjourney in App Studio, allowing business users to Build for Change®. This Microjourney stages include Eligibility, Intake, Process request, and Resolve, as shown in the following figure.
The following is a description of the stages in this Microjourney.
- Eligibility – The customer is automatically verified, typically through an IVR process, or the CSR enters the verification details.
- Intake – The CSR enters the amount to be paid and chooses a payment method. Alternatively, the CSR sets up a promise to pay.
- Process request – The payment is processed.
- Resolve – The case is resolved.
5. CSR – Explains the bill details to the customer and takes the payment.
6. Account – The customer's accounts.
7. Customer account bill – Contains the customer's billing details.
8. Payment method – Customer's payment method on file.
Use the Data model page in App Studio to quickly view and understand the relationship between all data objects in the application. You can add, update, and delete data objects without exiting the visual data model.
For information about the Data model page, see Data modeling. For information about connecting to external data entities, see Managing data and integrations with the Integration Designer.
The following figure shows the entity relationship diagram (ERD) for this Microjourney. For each data object, the ERD shows only the properties that apply to this Microjourney.
Enabling the Microjourney
Perform the following steps to enable the Microjourney:
- Ensure that the service case is enabled to display on the Case types > Settings > Service request options. menu in App Studio. To enable the service case within App Studio, click
- Select the Display in Add Task menu? check box.
Implement the data entities used in the Make Paymentservice case. To access the data entities within App Studio, click Case types > Data Model > View data model.
View the three pillars of the service to see the overall data objects that are used in the case.
Previous topic Add Mobile Device & Plan Microjourney Next topic Guided Internet Setup Microjourney