Call an automation from an activity without using a Java step.
- In the Method field of a step in an activity, select Call-Automation.
- Click the arrow to the left of the Method field to expand the step and view the method parameters.
- In the Resource field, select the type of automation that you want to call.
- In the Automation field, select the automation that you want to call.
- Complete the Map from and Map to
fields for the inputs and outputs for the automation you are
using.This establishes the relationship between the resource inputs settings, and the resource outputs generated automation errors. You can view a description of these fields by viewing the automation rule. For more information, see Viewing automations.
You do not have to use all of the outputs. To use an output, you must provide a property reference that can hold that type of output, for example, a string property for a string output. Like inputs, outputs are also validated. Errors that occur when the automation runs are returned in the Automation Errors output. If an error occurs that is not in the automation rule, it is converted to a run-time error before being returned.
Note: Page type outputs expect a property type string. A page reference is stored in that property so that you can return to that page later
- If you specify a default value in the automation, in the
Inputs section, a Use default value
option is displayed next to the corresponding Map
from field. You can use the default value or specify a new
- To use the default value specified in the automation, click Use default value. The value in the Map from field becomes read-only, and the Use default value option changes to Specify value.
- To specify a new default value, in the field for which you want to change the value, press the Down arrow key to select a value.
Note: If a list of values is specified for a text input in the automation rule, only those values are available in the Map from field.
- Click Save.