To use branches in your application, you create a development application that is built on your production application. You create rules and save them in your development application, creating branch rulesets. You can then work with branches in a number of ways, such as creating branch reviews and merging branches.
To configure your application to use branches and branch rulesets, complete the following steps:
- Create a development application that is built on your production application. See Creating a team application for more information.
- Add branches to your application, into which you can save the rules that you are developing. See Adding branches to your application for more information.
- Optional: Create a repository and configure your main development system (remote system of record) to use branches with repositories on which you can store and test branches. For more information, see Creating a repository.
- Work with branches in a number of ways; for example, create a review, merge branches, or delete branches from the system. For more information, see Branch operations.
- Adding branches to your application
You can create branches in your development application, add a branch that exists in a system, or add a branch from a repository that is configured on a remote development system.