Enhance and customize your application by creating a binary file rule that in
a form of a rule stores a graphics file, such as an image, or other non-text files. Binary
file rule type provides the security, inheritance versioning, and deployment benefits of rule
resolution to a file.
For example, you can upload your custom image to your
Pega Platform environment so that you can use the image in your
application. You can upload different resources, such icons, fonts, and locales.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the rule form, in the Label field, enter a name for your new
- In the App Name (Directory) field, enter the name of the
destination Web server directory for this file when the system extracts the file from the
database.For example: To use a subdirectory of the application server, enter
- In the File Type (extension) field, enter the file
extension.For example: To upload a graphics file, enter jpg.
- Optional: To change the application layer to store the binary file rule, in the
Context field, select another built-on application.
By default, the system stores the rule in your current application layer.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select a ruleset and a ruleset
version to store the rule.
- Optional: To override the default work item that your application associates with this
development change, press the Down arrow key in the Work item to
associate field, and then select a work item.
- Click Create and open.