Create branches in your application so that you can develop rules in them. The system automatically creates branch rulesets when you save a rule in to the branch.
- In the navigation panel, click App, and then click Branches.
- Right-click the application to which you want to add the branch and click Create branch.
- In the Branch name field, enter a name for the branch. You must start the name with a letter.
- Optional: In the Description field, enter a description for the branch.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: If you are using multiple branches, reorder the list of branches so that it matches the order in which rules should be resolved. For more information, see Reordering branches.
- Optional: If you are using Live UI, you can set up and manage a run-time branch so that less technical users can modify common properties of a control or a layout on rules in the branch. See Live UI for more information.
- Create rules and add them to your branch. When you create rules, you can select the branch and ruleset into which you want to save them. Rulesets are automatically created. See Rule development in branches for more information.
- Rule development in branches
To add rules to branches, when you create a rule, you can select the branch where you want to save your rule. Branch rulesets are automatically created.