To save time while processing your cases, populate data in your application by using data transforms. When you use data transforms, you can convert data from one format and class to another format and class.
- Sets the target to equal the source. You can set single-value properties, top-level pages, embedded pages, page lists, and page groups. You typically use this action to initialize properties. If the target pages that you specify do not exist on the clipboard, the Set action creates the pages.
- Deletes the target and any associated values from the clipboard.
- Update Page
- Sets the context for setting properties on the target page. Use to set properties on a page that is different from the primary page. If the target page does not already exist on the clipboard, the system creates the page. If the source page is different from the primary page, from the Relation list, select with values from, and then specify the source page.
- Apply Data Transform
- Applies another data transform to a clipboard page that the previous action specifies in the current context.
- Creates custom ordered lists. You can sort a page list according to single-value properties in that page list. You can specify a sorting order for each property as either ascending or descending order. In the Target column, click the View Sorting Properties icon to specify the properties on which to sort and the sorting order for each property.
- Specifies descriptive text. Use this action to provide comments within the sequence. For example, you can explain the goal of a branch of steps.
- Specifies a condition to evaluate to determine whether to apply the subsequent actions. If the condition evaluates to true, the system applies the action within the child rows. If the condition evaluates to false, the system continues with the action specified within the next row. If the action in the next row is Otherwise or Otherwise When, the system applies the action if the condition evaluates to true.
- Otherwise When
- Specifies another condition to meet before the system applies an alternate condition. If the condition evaluates to true, the system applies actions within the child rows. If the condition evaluates to false, the system continues with the action specified within the next row. You can use this action after you use a When or Otherwise When action.
- Specifies the alternate actions to apply if the preceding When or Otherwise
When action evaluates to false. You can only use this action after a When or
Otherwise When action.
Note: If you add When, Otherwise When, and Otherwise actions to your data transform, the system performs only one of these actions, depending on the first of these actions that evaluate to true.
- Append to
- Copies a page to the target. You can copy a page if the source and the target are of the same class, or if one of the classes is higher in the class hierarchy in the inheritance path.
- Append and Map to
- Adds a page to the target and maps properties and their source values to the target properties. The source and target can be of different classes.
- For Each Page In
- Iteratively applies actions specified in the subsequent rows to all the pages in the specified target. Ensure that the target is a Page List or a Page Group.
- Exit For Each
- Exits the current iteration defined by the preceding For Each Page action. You can use this action only as a child row of a For Each Page In action.
- Exit Data Transform
- Stops the data transform at the row that contains the Exit Data Transform action.