Use the Append and Map to action to append a page to the target Page List mode property and set the context to that page for subsequent child actions to map properties on that page. The target and source can be of different Applies To classes.
The Append and Map to action is equivalent to doing an Update Page action using the
<APPEND> keyword. When the system invokes the Append and Map to
action, it creates a new page in the target Page List property, without creating any
embedded properties in that new page. Then, subsequent children actions create the embedded
properties on the page.
When you select the Append and Map to action, the system automatically displays a child Set action, because no properties yet exist on the newly created page.
When using a Source that is a Page List or a Page Group property (using the
page in choice for the Relation), the When icon appears
next to the
each page in choice. Click this button to specify a when
condition rule for the Append and Map to action, so that a page from the source is appended
to the target only if the condition is true. For example, when your target is a Page List
property of PreferredCustomers, and you want to map data from an AllCustomers source Page
List property only for those customers that are "preferred" customers, click the
When icon and specify a when condition rule named
JSON data model format
When the data model format for a data transform is JSON, there are the following differences in behavior from the clipboard data model format:
- The order of the steps is not guaranteed.
- The data transform is bidirectional and can be called in either direction using the executionMode parameter. This parameter indicates whether to use JSON as the source and the clipboard as the target or use the clipboard as the source and JSON as the target.
- There are two parameters for the JSON transform. JSON transforms cannot have custom
- jsonData – Specifies the incoming or outgoing JSON data
- executionMode – Specifies the direction of the transform, SERIALIZE or DESERIALIZE.
- The Pages & Classes tab is only used to specify the class of classless properties, such as pxResults.
- JSON data model format transforms cannot reference other top level pages. You can only reference fields on the primary page.
In addition, the JSON field requires a JSON array name.
Append and Map to
The following relationship settings are available when the data model format is clipboard:
- a new page – The default. Use when you want to create a new page in the target Page List, and subsequently create properties on that page.
- an existing page – Use when you want to create a new page in the target Page List, and subsequently create properties on that page that are to be mapped from a source page.
- each page in – Use when you want to create a new page in the target Page List, and subsequently create properties on that page that are to be mapped from a source Page List or Page Group.
The following relationship settings are available when the data model format is JSON. Select the setting that matches the structure of the JSON array.
- An array of objects – This is the only option that translates directly to the clipboard. There are no restrictions on the number of child steps or siblings.
- An array of scalars – In JSON, an array of scalars has the format [1,2,3,...] or ["a","b","c",...]. When you choose this option, there is exactly one child step for the Append and Map to step. You cannot add siblings or disable the step. The step is a set step and the JSON side says, "each scalar element." You can specify the clipboard field you want to map to.
- An array of arrays – In JSON, an array of arrays has the format [[...],[...],...], where each element is a nameless array. When you choose this option, there is exactly one child step for the append and map to step. You cannot add siblings or disable the step. The child step can have either an auto-map or append and map to action. The JSON side says, "each array element." You can pick a Page List for the clipboard side. If you add an Append and Map to step, the same options are available again (array of objects, array or scalars, and array of arrays), so that you can configure embedded child steps.
You can use the following items in the Append and Map to action:
- In the Target, Page List mode properties
- In the Source, Page, Page List, and Page Group mode properties
- Conditionalizing the Append and Map to action, when the Source is a Page List or a Page Group (using the When icon).
You cannot specify a Page Group mode property as the target for the Append and Map to action. That is, you cannot append to a Page Group mode property using this action.