If your when rule does not give you the results you expect and you cannot determine the problem by running the rule and examining the clipboard pages, run the Tracer tool. With the Tracer, you can watch each step in the evaluation of a when rule as it occurs.
- Click Tracer on the developer toolbar in Dev Studio.
- In the Tracer window, click Settings.
- In the Event Types to Trace section, select When rule.
- Select the ruleset that contains the rule to be traced. Clear the other rulesets to avoid memory usage from tracing events occurring in other rulesets.
- Click OK.
- Return to the main portal and run the when rule.
- Watch the Tracer output as the rule runs.