Use the condition builder to define conditions for stages in your workflow or for propositions evaluated by a proposition filter. You can save custom conditions to the condition library for future use.
- For workflow stages, on the Validation tab, click Custom condition, and then click the Click to configure conditions icon.
- Optional: For proposition filters, to remove all previously added criteria from the condition builder, click .
- In the Configure condition section, in the first column, select a field or a when condition from the list.
- In the second column, select a comparator from the list.
- In the third column, select a value.
The system compares the value of this field to the value of the corresponding field or condition in the first column.
For example: Status work is equal to Done
- Optional: Add conditions by clicking the Add a row icon.
- Specify how these conditions relate to each other.You can group conditions with AND or OR operators.
- In the list in the upper-right corner, select one of the following options to
specify how to evaluate condition groupings:
To evaluate the conditions that are linked with the AND operator as a group, and to evaluate the conditions that are linked with the OR operator individually, click Group ANDs.
With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as (1 AND 2) OR 3 OR 4. That is, either conditions 1 and 2 must both be true, or either one of conditions 3 and 4 must be true.
Group ORs - Select this option if you want conditions linked with the OR operator to be evaluated as a group, and conditions linked with the AND operator to be evaluated individually.
With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as 1 AND (2 OR 3 OR 4). That is, both condition 1 and one of conditions 2, 3, and 4 must be true.
- To define a mix of grouping by the AND and
OR operators, click Use advanced
logic, and then specify the condition grouping in the
Logic string field.
Note: If you change a condition that uses advanced logic back to Group ANDs or Group ORs, all the groupings that you previously defined are reset. Tip: Conditions that are evaluated as a group are displayed on a single block of gray background, so you can identify them more easily.
- Optional: To save the condition for future reuse, perform one of the following
- For conditions in a workflow, click .
- For conditions in a proposition filter, click
Note: The Save to library option is not available if the conditions include either Strategy rules or when conditions with parameters. The option is also disabled for proposition filters which include default criteria that are created with the Use advanced logic option.. Result: The conditions are saved to a new When rule in the top level class of the proposition filter. The when rule is automatically registered as a relevant record for use in the condition builder.