Enter or revise a When rule that can be expressed as a single Boolean expression or the conjunction (AND or OR) of one or more Boolean expressions.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click .
- From the list of When instances, select a When rule that you want to edit.
- On the rule form, click the Conditions tab.
- In the first field, select a value or a property from the list.
- In the second field, select a comparator from the list.
- In the third field, enter a value that you want to compare with the value from the
The system compares the value of this field to the value of the corresponding field or condition in the first column.
For example: Status work is equal to Done
- Optional: To specify additional conditions and define the relationships between them by
performing the following actions:
- Click the Add a row icon and add as many conditions as you need.
- In the drop-down lists between each pair of conditions, specify how these
conditions relate to each other. You can group conditions with AND or OR operators.
- In the drop-down list in the upper right corner, specify how you want to evaluate
- Group ANDs - Select this option if you want conditions linked with the AND operator to be evaluated as a group, and conditions linked with the OR operator to be evaluated individually. With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as (1 AND 2) OR 3 OR 4. That is, either conditions 1 and 2 must both be true, or either one of conditions 3 and 4 must be true.
- Group ORs - Select this option if you want conditions linked with the OR operator to be evaluated as a group, and conditions linked with the AND operator to be evaluated individually. With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as 1 AND (2 OR 3 OR 4). That is, both condition 1 and one of conditions 2, 3, and 4 must be true.
- Use advanced logic - Select this option if you want to
define a mix of grouping by the AND and
OR operator. Use the Logic string
field to specify the condition grouping.
Note: If you change a condition that uses advanced logic back to Group ANDs or Group ORs, all the groupings that you previously defined are reset. Tip: Conditions that are evaluated as a group are displayed on a single block of gray background.
- Click Save.