Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Install a component to make a reusable feature available to applications on your system.
- Open your Application form.
- Click Manage components.
- Select Install new and select the zip file that includes the component.
- Optional: Browse for components on the Pega Exchange site:
- Click Browse Apps and Components to open the Pega Exchange site to search for other components.
- Browse the available components. When you find a component to add to your application, follow the instructions on the component page to download the component zip file to your system.
- Return to your application, and then select the component zip file.
- Click Open.
- Optional: Select Enabled to enable the new component for this application.
- Click OK.
For more information about the component, review the component documentation in the component zip file.
A component is a collection of rulesets that create a small feature that can be added to any application created in the Pega Platform.
- Enabling components
Enable components to add the component feature to your application.
- Creating a component
Create a component to support feature reuse in another system or application. You can control which rulesets define your component and whether your component has dependencies on other rulesets or applications.
- Disabling components
Disable components to remove access to the component feature from your application.
Previous topic Security of relevant records Next topic Components