You run a preflight optimization to reduce an application’s unnecessary static content and improve its loading time.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Preflight Optimization screen, click Add optimization.
Add optimization configuration
dialog box, complete the
- In the Access group list on the Basic tab, select the access group that you want to optimize. The associated portal name is displayed on the right.
- On the Advanced tab, you can select individual rules that will be included in—or excluded from—the analysis of the application's design-time model.
to save the optimization's configuration and
start the analysis.
If you are running the access group's preflight optimization for the first time, or if you selected the Use JS Compacting check box, the process might take a few minutes.
check box on the
screen to temporarily disable the optimization for the access
group and portal).
You might do this if you encounter problems in the application and want to isolate them for testing and correction before you repeat the optimization process.
View the report to see optimization details such as the difference between the original size and the optimized size of the static content.
If you change the portal, the application, or the application’s skin, repeat the preflight optimization process to remove any unnecessary static content introduced by your changes.
- Rerunning a preflight optimization
If you change the access group's portal, the application, or the application’s skin after running the preflight optimization process, repeat the preflight optimization to remove any unnecessary static content—or add necessary static content—introduced by your changes.
View the preflight optimization report to see a list of components by category and to compare the static content’s original size to its optimized size.
- Improve application loading time with preflight optimization