- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click , and then select the decision tree you want to test.
- Click .
- In the Data Context list, click the thread in which you want to run the rule.
- Select a method for creating the test page.
- Select Copy existing page to copy values from a thread of an existing clipboard page to the main test page.
- Select Create or reset test page to create a new test page
or reset the values of an existing test page.
- To apply a data transform to the values on the test page, click the link in the Apply field and then select a data transform.
- To clear the Result pane, click Reset Page.
- To switch the current context, select a thread in the Data Context list and then click Switch Context.
- To display the test results, enter data in the Result panel and then click
Result: The value that you enter and the result that is returned are the values that are used for the default decision result assertion that is generated when you convert this test to a test case.
- Optional: To view the pages that are generated by the unit test, click Show Clipboard. For more information, see Clipboard pages created by the Run Rule feature.
- To convert the test into a Pega unit test case, click Convert to Test. For more information, see Creating unit test cases for rules.
- Optional: To view the row on the Decision tab that produced the test result, click the Result Decision Paths link.
- Debugging decision trees with the Tracer
If your decision tree does not give you the results you expect and you cannot determine the problem by running the rule and examining the clipboard pages, run the Tracer tool. With the Tracer you can watch each step in the evaluation of a decision tree as it occurs.