Best practices for using multiple built-on applications
Consider the following tips when developing an application that uses multiple built-on applications:
- Limit development to rulesets in the top-most application and keep built-on applications locked.
- To develop in the lower layers of the hierarchical application tree, switch to a built-on application layer.
- Avoid having the same ruleset in multiple applications. Instead, refactor the ruleset to its own application or a common application.
- Avoid using different versions of an application in the hierarchical application tree.
- Avoid branch IDs that span several applications.
- Avoid making any application structure changes without utilizing the Validation Tool to validate rules.
- Avoid using Ruleset Validation mode rulesets. Ruleset prerequisites can be challenging to maintain, especially when you need to refactor the application stack. Always default to using Application Validation mode rulesets, which create the ruleset stack depending on the application in which you define the rulesets.