- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click , and then open a rule that you want to edit.
- On the rule form, click the Advanced tab.
- In the drop-down list, select an expression type.
- Enter a label for the expression, for example, A.
- Complete an expression.
- If you want to add more expressions, click Add condition, and then repeat steps 3 trough 5.
- In the Logic string field, enter the Boolean logic operations
performed on the Conditions array to evaluate if the condition is true or false at run
time.If you created the conditions on the Conditions tab, the system populates this field by using the AND and OR operators, in addition to the group hierarchies that are defined on the condition tree.
You can use and, or, and not in the statement. Use parentheses to control the order of evaluation.
For example: (A and B) or (C and not D) Result: When you save the rule, if the form contains only one test row, the system inserts the label for that test row in the Logic string field. If you have more than one row, the system requires all rows to be true. If you want a different outcome, revise and save the statement again.
- Optional: In the Advanced options section, in the Allowed
functions field, select a function alias that restricts the available
conditions to the one in this field by clicking Add function.If you add multiple functions, the top entry is the default one.
- Click Save as.