- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the RuleSet Stack tab, in the Current Application section, click the ruleset that you want to copy.
- In the header of the Edit Ruleset form, click the Down arrow next on the Save button, and then click Save as.
- Optional: To provide additional information about the ruleset, in the Short description field, modify the default description.
- In the RuleSet Name field, enter a new, unique ruleset name.
- Optional: To change the version number of your ruleset, in the
Version field, enter a new value.
For example: Enter 01-01-03.By default, for a new ruleset version, the system enters 01-01-01 as the version number. For existing rulesets, the system increments the highest version by one patch number. In a version number, the two first digits correspond with the release, the middle digits correspond with the minor version or enhancement, and the final digits correspond with the patch version.
- Optional: To change the description of your ruleset, in the
Description field, enter a new value.
For example: Enter SampleRuleset:01-01-03By default, the system forms the description by combining the ruleset name and version number.
- Click Create and open.
When you copy a ruleset, the system copies the ruleset versions, security, category, and history settings.
What to do next: Modify the copied ruleset: