- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the rule form, in the Label field, enter a name for your rule.
- In the App Name (Directory) field, enter the name of the destination web server directory for this file when the system extracts the file from the database.
- In the File Type (extension) field, enter the file extension.
- Optional: To change the application layer in which to store the binary file rule, in the
Context field, select another built-on application.By default, the system stores the rule in your current application layer.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select a ruleset and a ruleset version in which to store the rule.
- Optional: To override the default work item that your application associates with this
development change, in the Work item to associate field, press the
Down arrow key, and then select a work item.For more information about your default work item, see Setting your current work item.
- Click Create and open.
- Adding images to Image Library
Customize the look-and-feel of your application by including your own images in elements such as logos, displaying an image for a button or link control, using custom sprites in the UI design, and determining the content that users see when the system displays a guardrail warning. As a result, you provide a unique and personalized application that can precisely reflect your business requirements.
- About Binary File rules
Create a binary file rule to include a graphics file, such as an image (including GIF, JPG, or PNG files) or other non-text files in your application as a rule. This rule type provides the security, inheritance versioning, and deployment benefits of rule resolution to a file.