Creating an operator ID
Provide users with access to your application by creating operator IDs. When you create an operator ID, you can specify the background and general information about the user, define application access, and configure password credentials for the user.For example, in a banking application, create operator IDs for customer service representatives (CSRs) who review loan requests, and the manager to whom the CSRs report.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Short description field, enter the full name of the new
operator.The value that you enter populates the Full name field in the operator contact information on the Work tab. The maximum length of the description is 64 characters.
- In the Operator ID field, enter a unique identifier.When you enter the identifier, consider the following guidelines:
- In addition to letters and digits, the identifier can include the following characters: period (.), single quote ('), tilde (~), underscore (_), exclamation point (!), ampersand (&), octothorpe (#) and no more than one at (@) character. Avoid using the forward slash (/) or backslash (\) characters in the identifier.
- An operator ID can consist of a maximum of 128 characters.
- Special processing applies to any user identifier that begins with the word External. Use such identifiers only when defining external operators that use Directed Web Access (DWA) for one-time processing of assignments.
- Avoid using system as an operator ID name. This term is reserved and refers to agents.
- Click Create and open.
Result: The operator rule form is displayed on the page and you can continue to add information about the user. For example, you can configure access settings or provide organizational information.
- Define an access group and contact information for the operator. For more information, see Defining operator contact information and application access.
- Define organizational information for the operator. For more information, see Defining work routing settings for an operator.
- Define a password for the operator. For more information, see Defining security information for an operator.
Previous topic Operators Next topic Defining operator contact information and application access