For enhanced planning and understanding of your business processes, add
participants to your Microjourney by creating personas. When you
create personas, you group users by their responsibilities in a process, the channels
that they can access, and the cases on which they work.
For example, for a
hiring process, you can create personas that represent a job candidate, an HR worker, and a
When you create personas, you define metadata that represents the users of
your application. By visualizing users, you can easily plan and communicate the
development of your application.
Before you begin: Define your case type, and then populate the case life cycle
with stages, processes, and steps. See Adding case types to organize work.
What to do next: Associate the personas that you create with your Microjourney. See Associating personas with case types.
In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Users, and then click
- In the Personas header, click
- In the New persona window, in the Persona
name field, provide a descriptive name for your persona.For example: Enter HR worker.
- Select an avatar to represent the persona.
- Optional: To provide more information about the persona, in the
Description field, enter additional text.For example: For an HR worker, enter A user that processes job
- Click Submit.Result: Your application saves a new persona and adds it to the Personas landing
- Optional: To see which channels a persona uses to interact with case types in your
application, on the Personas landing page, select the
Include draft relationships check box.