Represent main phases of your business process by creating primary stages in a case
life cycle. By creating stages, you can ensure that your work is divided into logical phases,
so that you can track and resolve the tasks more conveniently.
Primary stages visualize the main phases of your business process. For example, for a Review
job application case type, you can create stages, such as Conduct screening, Conduct
interview, and Approve candidate.
Before you begin: Define a case type. See Creating a top-level case type.
What to do next: Organize work within stages by adding processes. See Processes in a case life cycle.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- If there are no primary stages defined, click Add life
- In the Case life cycle section, click
Stage, and then enter a unique name in the text box.
By default, the system creates a stage for each case life cycle that you
- In the Stage property panel, on the
General tab, define the transition after this stage is
- To move to the next stage, select Automatically move to next
- To let the customer service representative decide which stage the case enters,
select Wait for a user action.
- To close the case, select Resolve the case, and then define
the resolution status and options.
- Click Save.