Create project documents to educate stakeholders about the features in your application and to review the development status of your project.
Ensure that your application uses features instead of specifications. For more information about the legacy documents that support specifications, see previous versions of the help on Community.
- Optional: Align the look and feel of your document with your brand.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Select a document type section, choose a document
- To generate a document that provides high-level information, such as the application description, case types, data model, and roles, click Application overview.
- To generate a document that provides detailed information on application data, click Data model.
- To generate a document that provides traceability from unfinished features to open work items, and a brief product overview, click Gap analysis.
- To control which features you document, select a filter option from the Features to include list.
- To exclude a chapter from the document, clear the check box next to the chapter name.
- Click Generate document.
- Click Document generation completed.
- Click the document name to open the document in Microsoft Word.