Creating a work queue
To improve workload management and task routing in your application, create a work queue that holds assignments for operators and robotic queues. Because you associate a work queue with a group of users or a robotic queue, you logically and efficiently categorize work inside your organization.For example, create a work queue for customer service representatives (CSRs) who manage loan requests to ensure that an application routes loan request tasks to users with relevant skill set and qualifications.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create Work queue tab, in the Short
description field, describe the purpose of the work queue.
For example: Enter Loan requests.
- In the Work queue field, enter a name that clearly conveys the
purpose of the work queue and its contents to users of the application.
Tip: For a better distinction between work queues and other organization elements, append the WQ characters to the work queue name. For example: Enter LoanRequestsWQ.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Work queue tab, in the General
section, specify a work queue type:
Choices Actions Create a work queue that distributes assignments to a virtual machine
- In the Type list, select Robotic.
- In the Maximum queue length field, enter an integer that defines the maximum number of tasks that a queue can contain.
- In the Maximum automation execution time (seconds), enter the maximum amount of time in seconds that the virtual machine can take to run the assignment before the system cancels the assignment.
Create a work queue that distributes assignments to users In the Type list, select Standard.
- In the Organization section, specify an organization layer that
contains your work queue:
- In the Name field, enter the name of an organization to
which the work queue belongs.
For example: Enter UPlus.
- In the Division field, enter the work queue division.
For example: Enter BankingOperations.
- In the Unit field, enter the work queue unit.
For example: Enter LoanRequests.
- In the Work group field, enter a work group that you want to
associate with a work queue.A work group consists of a work queue and a manager to which the work queue members report.
- In the Name field, enter the name of an organization to which the work queue belongs.
- Optional: To notify operators about new assignments, in the Contacts section, in the text field, enter the ID of an operator who receives a notification when an application routes work to the work queue.
- Optional: To add more operators who receive notifications, click Add item, and then enter the operator ID.
- Optional: To specify which users can process work in this work queue, in the
Roles section, in the text field, enter the required role for a
user to resolve assignments from the work queue.If you leave this field blank, any user who can access the work queue can process work.
- Optional: To add more roles, click Add item, and then enter a role.To process work, a user needs to have at least one role from the set of roles that you specify.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Adding work queues to a team Next topic Creating work groups