Define contact information and application access for an operator so that
all operators can communicate and access the required applications. The access groups
that you specify affect which applications an operator can access and what their role
For example, you can configure access settings so that a user can
access a Loan requests application both as a manager and as a customer service
Before you begin:
What to do next: Before you can save the operator record, you need to
define the organizational unit of the operator in your organization. For more
information, see Defining work routing settings for an operator.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Operators tab, select the operator that you want
Tip: To find your operator faster, in the Search
Text field, enter the operator name, and then click
- Optional: To more quickly distinguish between operators, on the
Profile tab, in the Contact
Information section, provide an operator image:
- Click Choose File.
- In the files window, select a graphic file that you want to use, and
then click Open.
- Click Upload Image.Result: The image is visible after you save the operator
- Provide basic information about the operator:
- Optional: To inform users how to address the operator, in the
Title field, enter a relevant personal
title.For example: Enter Mr, Mrs, or
- Optional: To provide personal information about the operator, complete the
First Name and Last
- In the Full name field, enter a value that you
want to use to represent the operator across your system.
By default, the system autopopulates the Full
name field with the value that you provide in the
Short description field when you create an
operator ID. The operator's full name is visible, for example, in the
list of operators.
- Optional: To inform users about the job title of the operator, complete the
Position / job title field.For example: Enter Software engineer.
- Optional: To provide the contact information of the operator, complete the
Phone and Email
The system uses the email address to send email correspondence to the
- In the Application Access section, list the access groups
that the operator can access at run time:
- In the Access Group field, enter an access group
that you want to associate with the operator.
Tip: To see the roles in an access group, click the
Expand row icon.
- Optional: To provide additional roles and access to additional applications,
click Add item, and then in the Access
Group field, enter another access group.For example: You can provide multiple roles for a user within one application,
such as a manager role and a CSR role.
- Indicate the default access group by selecting a relevant radio
button.Result: When a user logs in, the system directs the user to the
application and role that the default access group defines. For example,
if you define LoanRequests:Managers as a
default access group, the user logs into the Loan requests application
with a manager role.
- In the Localization section, list the default locale and
time zone of the operator.