Start building your applications in a user-friendly and seamless way by implementing low-code digital solutions. Save time when you create your applications by using templates, develop various aspects of your application by engaging collaborators with different skills and roles, and increase work efficiency by configuring your application for reuse. To meet your unique needs, use the Pega Platform authoring portals.
Application development considerations
Before you start developing your application, consider the following factors:
- Your business goal
- In many situations, predicting an exact course of action for application development leads to fixed and inefficient solutions. With Pega Platform, you can avoid that and instead create agile applications that adjust to dynamically changing needs. center your application development around a goal that you want to achieve to ensure that work can reach a successful resolution under any circumstances.
- People in your business process
- Determine what types of users need to access your application, and then define the content that is appropriate for every user type. For example, a manager might need access more features than a regular worker. Additionally, consider what communication channels, such as email or chat bot, your users might need, and what devices they use to process work.
- Data in your business process
- Every business case requires data to reach a resolution. Think about the information that you need to collect from users, as well as the ways of gathering data. To save time, define how you can organize and reuse data in your application. For example, instead of storing separate data objects for every piece of personal information about a user, such as a name, surname, and phone number, you can gather all this information in a personal details data object. Then, you can update or reference one data object instead of multiple different instances.
- Reusable elements
- You can save considerable amounts of time and resources during application development by reusing various assets. For example, if you already have an application to review loan requests, you can reuse any relevant elements to develop an application for reviewing mortgage requests, or performing other banking operations.
Authoring portalsPega Platform offers multiple tools that you can use based on your experience, role, and level of expertise. You can use the following authoring portals to develop your applications:
- App Studio
- Select this portal if you are a citizen developer, front-end developer, business analyst, or data engineer. App Studio holds a great variety of low-code, time-saving solutions for you to implement during your application development. With a real-time UI design, any person that is involved in a business process can contribute to application planning and development.
- Dev Studio
- Select this portal if you are an experienced application developer, a
security administrator, or an account administrator. Dev Studio offers tools for advanced application
configuration, such as versioning, rules management, or branched
For more information, see Dev Studio overview.
- Admin Studio
- Select this portal if you are a system administrator. In Admin Studio, you can monitor and manage your system
resources, such as nodes and background processes.
For more information, see Admin Studio overview.
- Prediction Studio
- Select this portal if you are a data scientist. In Prediction Studio, you can develop, monitor, and adjust models
for analyzing customer interactions and communications to predict their
For more information, see Prediction Studio overview.
The following figure summarizes factors and authoring portals to consider before you start creating your applications:
- Exploring application
To experience all the possibilities that Pega Platform provides, explore your application.
- Building your first application
Create low-code applications in a user-friendly and intuitive way by working with Pega Platform. With various out-of-the-box tools, you can define customer journeys, develop applications, track your progress, and communicate with team members and stakeholders.
- Basic requirements for deploying public-facing applications
To ensure the security and branding of your public-facing applications, review and follow the minimum requirements for deployment through Pega Platform.