Turn creating applications into a low-code and user-friendly experience by using the tools that Pega Platform offers. With Pega Platform, you can deliver flexible applications that help your customers reach business goals in dynamically changing scenarios, in an efficient way.
When you develop your application by using the digital solutions that Pega Platform provides, you can approach your project delivery holistically and efficiently at the same time. Implement the following techniques to achieve your results faster:
- Planning flexible Microjourneys
- When you design your application, focus on a goal that your customers want
to achieve. In dynamically changing circumstances, predicting a fixed path
through a business process might be difficult and lead to inefficient
results. Pega Platform refers to a path that leads to a
successful resolution as a Microjourney, and supports
creating flexible templates for Microjourneys that can
adjust to events that take place on the way. In App Studio,
you can clearly visualize the main elements of your Microjourney: the people that are involved in the process,
the channels that provide communication with your application, and the data
that is required to meet the goal. Consequently, you can think about
flexible sets of actions that might be useful during the processing of your
Microjourney. Visualization of the essential parts
of your business processes can include also non-technical stakeholders in
the planning process.
For more information, see Creating a Microjourney for customer success.
- Adopting feature-driven development
- Develop capabilities in the context of a feature to maintain functional
requirements and project status directly in your application. You associate
features with elements of your application that you want to develop, for
example, a language pack. For enhanced project management and effort
tracking purposes, you can use features to estimate project costs and
schedules before you start actual development.
For more information, see Adopting feature-driven development.
- Reusing build-on capabilities
- Reuse the functionality that you inherit from built-on applications, so that
you can focus your development efforts on unique features and capabilities.
For example, you can create an application for banking operations, and then
reuse parts of it in applications for reviewing mortgage requests and loan
requests. For those three applications, the basic process of collecting and
validating information that customers provide might be the same. As a
result, you save time but also deliver flexible applications that you can
edit independently from each other if your business requirements change, for
example, when the process for reviewing loan requests needs additional
For more information, see Adding built-on applications.
- Engaging and communicating with stakeholders and team members
- Communication is a crucial part of developing applications. Starting with application planning, App Studio offers tools to visualize business processes so that stakeholders from outside IT can be involved in designing a Microjourney – a path towards customer success. Apart from that, Pega Platform supports the uninterrupted exchange of information for development team members, as well as for users who process cases in your application. Enhance collaboration with shareable documents, spaces that gather professionally connected users, and messages that users can post in a Pulse gadget.
- Getting started with low-code application development
Start building your applications in a user-friendly and seamless way by implementing low-code digital solutions. Save time when you create your applications by using templates, develop various aspects of your application by engaging collaborators with different skills and roles, and increase work efficiency by configuring your application for reuse. To meet your unique needs, use the Pega Platform authoring portals.
- Understanding project roles and personas
For the best user experience, define how users interact with your application by understanding what roles and personas your project requires. When you know who uses your application, and how, you can update the interactions to provide the most relevant content to users.
- Creating a Microjourney for customer success
Help your customers reach a successful resolution in their business processes by applying the Pega Express methodology while working on implementation projects through journeys and microjourneys. When you focus on one journey at a time, you not only improve how you address the specific needs of your customers, but also reach results more rapidly.
- Designing applications for reuse and extension
Save time and speed up your application development process by designing your applications for reuse and extension. When you create reusable elements, such as rules and classes, you can implement them again in future projects, to make your work more efficient.
- Building logic and calculating values in your application
Provide automations for calculating values and implementing logic so that your application can flexibly respond to unique conditions at run time. For example, you can create a process of transforming data, and, as a result, present users with relevant information when they perform work.
- Configuring continuous integration and continuous deployment
Incorporate the effects of work of your development teams by implementing continuous integration and deployment. Additionally, to speed application development and minimize the risk of conflicts, you can provide separate sandboxes in which developers can work on multiple features simultaneously.
- Engaging with stakeholders to define a Microjourney
To ensure that your Microjourney meets all customer needs, engage your stakeholders in the application development process. When you clearly communicate with the other parties that are engaged in your projects, you can fully understand the requirements of your clients, and then provide effective solutions.
- Troubleshooting tools and techniques
Maintain good quality and health of your application by using troubleshooting tools and techniques that Pega Platform provides. You can view application metrics to locate any issues, and then fix them, so that you deliver top quality application.
Next topic Getting started with low-code application development