Increase efficiency and speed up your application development by merging
rulesets and ruleset versions. As a result, you make managing the resources in your system
For example, if you have multiple rulesets with rules that define
user interface of your application, you can merge the ruleset to have all the UI elements in one
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Rulesets tab, in the Refactor Rulesets
Utilities list, click Copy/Merge RuleSet.
- In the RueSet Maintenance section, in the list of options, select
Merge Source RuleSet(s) to Target RuleSet.
- Specify the type of resources that you want to merge:
- To merge rulesets, select Entire RuleSets .
- To merge ruleset versions, select RuleSet
- In the Available Source RuleSet(s) list, select rulesets or
ruleset versions that you want to merge, and then click Move.
- Optional: To specify the order in which the wizard processes ruleset versions, in the
Order of precedence during Copy/Merge list, reorder the ruleset
versions by clicking the Move up and Move
If you work with multiple ruleset versions, the wizard processes ruleset versions in
the order from top to bottom of the list. As a result, the wizard processes rules from the
top of the list first and omits duplicate rules in the following versions in the list.
Then the wizard processes any remaining rules in the second ruleset version in the list
and omits duplicates in the following versions. The wizard continues to process rules in
the same way until the end of list.
- In the Target section, in the Target RuleSet
Information column, provide information about the target ruleset:
- In the Name field, enter the name of the target
- If you merge ruleset versions, in the Version field, enter
the version of the tagret ruleset.
- In the Target section, specify how you want the wizard to behave
after the merge is complete:
- To delete the source rulesets, select Yes.
- To keep the source rulesets, select No.
- Optional: If you merge ruleset versions, to copy rulesets with ruleset prerequisites, select the
Copy missing Ruleset Prerequisities check box.
- Optional: If you merge ruleset versions, to exclude non-versioned rules from the merge operation,
in the Which non-versioned rules do you want to modify? section, in
the Type list, clear the check boxes of the rule types that you want
- Click Next.
- In the RuleSet Maintenance section, analyze information about
source and target rulesets for the merge operation.
- To run the operation in the background, in the Run as a background
process? row, selectYes.
Merging rulesets and ruleset versions as a background process saves you time when the
source ruleset versions contain a significant number of rules. If you have an email
account configured in Pega Platform, you receive an email when the
process is complete.
- Click Merge.
- When the copying is complete, in the RuleSet Maintenance section,
review the results of the operation.
- Optional: To review a detailed list of copied rules, click Click here to view list of
- Optional: To share the list of rulesets with other developers or to review the list offline,
in the DisplayRulesProcessed window, click Export Page
to Excel, and then close the window.
- Click Done.