Test a data page to ensure that you get the expected results by using the Run Rule feature before testing it in the context of the application that you are developing. Additionally, you can convert the test run into a Pega unit test case for reuse.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Data Model category, and then click Data Page.
- Open the data page that you want to test.
- Click .
- From the Thread list in the Run context pane, select the thread in which you want to run the rule.
- In the main test page, enter values for parameters, if any, to pass to the rule.
- Select the Flush all instances of this data page before execution check box to delete any existing instances of the selected data page.
- Click Run.
- Optional: To convert the test into a unit test case for automated testing, click Convert to Test, and then configure the test case. For more information, see Creating unit test cases for rules.
- Optional: Click Show Clipboard to open the Clipboard and examine the pages that are generated by the unit test. For more information, see Clipboard pages created by the Run Rule feature.
- Optional: If the rule has errors, click Trace to debug the rule with the Tracer tool.
- Data page testing
Data page test cases are a way to validate that application data is loaded correctly. Data page test cases compare the expected value of one or more properties with their actual values in a data page.