Evaluate event strategy logic by testing it against sample events. This option
facilitates event strategy design and enables troubleshooting potential
- Open the Event Strategy rule instance that you want to test by performing the
- In Dev Studio, click .
- Click the name of an Event Strategy rule.
- In the top-right corner of the Event Strategy rule form, click .
- In the Input Events field of the
Run window, enter the number of events to send
You can send up to 100 events while the Run window is
- If the event strategy is using the system time, set the Simulate
system time setting.
The method for setting the event time is configured in the
Real-time data component. For test events that use
system time, the value is converted to the Pega Time format
(YYYYMMDD'T'HHmmss.SSS), GMT, and stored in the
- If the event strategy is using a custom event field to set the time, populate
that field with a correctly formatted value.
The time format for the custom event field that sets the time property is
configured in the Real-time data component.
- If the event strategy is referencing lookup fields, simulate the corresponding
values in the Lookup section.
- Click Run to confirm your settings and test the strategy
against sample data.
You can inspect whether the strategy produces expected results in the
Sent events and Emitted events
sections. Each time you click Run, the number of
available events decreases. You can reset the number of available events by
clicking Clear events.