You can force revalidation in bulk of selected rules or data instances of a single type.
For example, you can revalidate all operator ID instances, or all flows in a specific RuleSet and version.
The Revalidate and Save tool is useful in various situations, including the following:
- After you import a .zip file archive of rules that may depend on rules previously present, or that were exported from a lower-version Pega Platform system.
- To confirm that rules pass current validation requirements.
- To propagate the effects of changes you made to some rules to other rules that reference those rules.
This operation is similar to opening and then saving each selected rule or data instance. If an instance fails validation, the previous version is unchanged.
Every saved rule or data instance was previously validated at least once, at the time it was most recently saved. The instance was valid at that time in the environment, system, and context in which it was saved. Revalidation is desirable to confirm that nothing in the current environment makes the object invalid.
If an instance passes validation, the History tab is updated with your operator ID, the current date and time, and current system in the Updated row. For rule instances, a history detail instance is added with your memo and the notation Bulk Update.
Starting the bulk revalidation tool
To revalidate rule or data instances:
- In Dev Studio, click .
- Complete the form. See Help — Using the Revalidate and Save tool for instructions.
- Click Run to begin revalidation.
- As it executes, the Revalidate and Save tool marks valid rules (or data instances) with a checkmark; rules not valid are marked with a red X. Hold the mouse pointer over the red X to see the error message. Click the Open icon to open the instance.
- Validation tool
Use the Validation tool to check the validity of rules in your application. This tool ensures that all rules defined in an application are valid and contain valid rule references based on a specified application context.
- Using the Revalidate and Save tool
You can identify the class of the instances (such as rules or data instances) to be revalidated, and optionally a RuleSet and Version, and list instances that meet these criteria. You can also bulk validate the rules you select.