Customize the look-and-feel of your application by including your own
images in elements such as logos, displaying an image for a button or link control,
using custom sprites in the UI design, and determining the content that users see when
the system displays a guardrail warning. As a result, you provide a unique and
personalized application that can precisely reflect your business
To use custom icons or images in your Pega Platform application,add your binary file to the Image
Before you begin: Create a binary file rule of a file extension that matches a
graphics file that you want to upload, for example,
.jpg. For more
information, see Creating binary file rules.
What to do next: Incorporate the image into your UI. For more information,
see Configuring actionable icon controls.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Technical category, and then
click Binary File.
- In the list of binary files instances, click the rule that you want to
- On the File tab, in the File
controls section, click Upload file.
- In the Upload file dialog box, click Choose
- In the dialog box, navigate to the file that you want to upload, select the
file, and then click Open.
- Click Upload file.
- Optional: To use the uploaded image as an icon, define the icon settings:
- in the Image details section, select the
Treat image as a sprite check box.
- In the Icon width and Icon
height fields, enter the icon size in pixels.
- Click Save.Result: After a successful save, you can preview the image in the
Image details section.