Provide the transparency of data that a Microjourney requires by associating data objects with case types. When you define which data objects you need to create to process your business case, you improve the overall planning and development of your application.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the Data & Interfaces section of a stage in which
you want to add a data object, click Data, and then
select a data object that you want to use:
Choices Actions Create a new data object
- In the list, select .
- In the New data object window, in the Name field, enter a descriptive name for the data object.
- Click Submit.
Select an existing data object In the list, click Data object, and then select the data object that you want to add.By default, App Studio associates data objects with the Pega integration system.
- Optional: To associate the data object with a different integration system, click the
system name, and then in the System section, in the
Select system list, select a different system:
Choices Actions Create a new system
- In the list, select Create new.
- In the New system dialog box, in the Name field, enter a descriptive name for the system.
- Click Submit.
Select an existing system In the list, select the system that you want to use.
- Optional: To indicate that the application reads the data object from the system, select the Read check box.
- Optional: To indicate that the application updates the data object in the system, select
the Write check box.Your application can both read and update data in the system.
- Optional: To indicate that the external system that you want to use has defined APIs, in
the System details section, select the Existing
API check box.Using existing APIs affects project estimation and shortens the estimated development duration.
- Optional: To communicate when you want to include the data object in your Microjourney, associate the data object with a release:
- In the Additional details section, in the Release list, select the release.
- Optional: To indicate how much time the development team needs to implement the
data object, in the Complexity list, select a
Implementing a data object includes defining fields in the data object, defining the system, defining the data page that the use case requires, and defining a case type to include the data object in an assignment or other type of step.The complexity of the data object affects project estimation and expected development duration.
- Optional: To provide more information, in the Comment text box, enter a short comment.
- When you implement the data object, select the Mark as done check box.
- Click OK.
- To add more systems to the data object, in the Data &
Interfaces section, locate the data object that you want to
associate with another system, click System, and then
define the system details:
Choices Actions Create a new system Add an existing system
- Click Save.