Associating personas with case types
To clearly visualize the participants of your Microjourney, associate personas with case types in your application. By adding personas to a Microjourney, you communicate which users are involved in each phase of your business process, and which channels they can access.For example, for a hiring process, you can associate a candidate persona and an HR worker persona. This association indicates that each persona can access different portals in the case, different information about the process, and perform different actions. While the candidate only provides personal details and uploads necessary documents, the HR worker processes the details, runs background checks, routes the case for approval to a manager, and resolves the case.
- Define a case type. For more information, see Case types.
- To reuse existing personas, define personas for your application. For more information, see Creating personas.
When you associate a persona with a case type, you create a draft relationship between the persona and the case type. To start processing your case, you need to implement the relationship by granting the persona access to channels.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the Personas & Channels section of a stage in which
you want to add a persona, click Add persona, and then
select a persona that you want to use:
Choices Actions Create a new persona
- In the personas list, select New persona.
- In the New persona window, in the Persona name field, provide a descriptive name for your persona.
- Select an avatar to represent the persona.
- Optional: To provide more information about the persona, in the Description field, enter additional text.
- Click Submit.
Select an existing persona In the personas list, select a persona that you want to add.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Creating personas Next topic Associating personas with channels