Configuring access options for a persona
Ensure that users in your application can perform actions that are relevant to their role by defining what options are available to specific personas. By configuring access on a persona level, you accelerate your application development because you configure options for entire groups of users.Personas represent distinctive types of users, for example, managers or customer service representatives (CSRs). In a sample scenario, you can grant a manager persona the possibility to open a case to view the case values and progress, while a CSR persona can open and then modify a case to provide updated values.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Users, and then click User management.
- On the Personas tab, select the persona that you want to configure.
- On the Access tab, select an element to which you want
to configure access:
- To configure access to case types, select Case types.
- To configure access to data objects, select Data objects.
- To configure access to configuration sets, select Configuration sets.
- In a row with an element that you want to configure, click Configure access.
- In the Configure access to window, select the actions that
you want to grant to the persona:
- To allow a persona to view a case, select the
Open check box.
This option is available only for case types.
- To allow a persona to generate an aggregated list of elements at run time, for example a list of open cases of the selected case type, select the Run reports check box.
- To allow a persona to modify an element at run time, for example to
change the value of properties of a data object or to update information in
a case, select the Modify check box.
To modify a case, also select the Open check box to ensure that the persona can open the case.
- To allow a persona to view how values change throughout case processing,
select the View audit history check box.
Selecting this option affects all case types in your current workpool.
- To allow a persona to delete a data object, select the
This option is available only for data objects.
- To allow a persona to view a case, select the Open check box.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Granting personas access to channels and pages Next topic Inviting collaborators to your application