Allow users of your application to change application settings at run time by creating configuration sets. As a result, users can adjust an application to their business needs in a no-code way. You also provide software that is easier to maintain and upgrade, as configuration sets minimize the need for rule overrides and custom rule changes.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the header of the Configurations section, click Manage configuration sets.
- In the Configuration sets dialog box, click Add.
- In the Configuration set name field, enter a descriptive
name for your configuration set, and then click OK.
For example: For a configuration set to collect settings about displaying and calculating account policies, enter Account policies.
- Optional: To add more configuration sets, repeat steps 3 through 4.
- Close the dialog box by clicking Close modal.
- Creating configurations
Provide no-code tools for run-time administrators of your application by creating configurations. Configurations determine run-time behavior of your application that users can flexibly adjust to meet their unique business needs.
- Adding Administration landing page to an application
To ensure that application administrators can edit values in configurations at run time, add the Administration landing page to an end user portal of your application. As a result, you provide no-code tools that users can apply at run time to adjust the application to dynamically changing business circumstances.
- Technical considerations for configuration sets
Configuration sets provide tools for run-time users to flexibly adjust application behavior in a no-code way. When you create configuration sets, considering crucial technical aspects can help you deliver an application that precisely targets business objectives. Additionally, configuration sets minimize custom rule overrides, so that maintaining and upgrading your application is more convenient.