- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the header of the Configurations section, click Add configuration.
- In the Create configuration dialog box, in the
Name field, enter a name for your
For example: Enter Currency rate.
- In the Description field, briefly describe the purpose
of the configuration.
For example: Enter Display currency rates for dollar to euro.
- In the Configuration set list, select the configuration set to store the configuration.
- In the Configuration scope list, define elements to
which the configuration applies:
- To apply the configuration to an entire application, select
The configuration can apply to assets in an entire application, such as data model, UI elements etc.
- To apply the configuration to a specific case type, select
Case type, and then select the case type that you
want to use.
The configuration can apply to assets related to a selected case type, such as a case type data model or views in the case type.
Tip: You can also select all case types.
- To apply the configuration to an entire application, select Application.
- In the Type list, select a type for the
For example: For a configuration that either displays or hides currency rates, select Boolean.
- If you create a picklist, in the Add choices section, click Add choice, and then, in the text field, enter a value that users can select at run time.
- Optional: To add more choices for the picklist, repeat step 8.
- In the Default value list, select a default value for
Choices Actions Select a specific value
- Select Constant.
- In the value field, select or enter a default value for the
For example: To display currency rates in cases for a Boolean-type configuration, select True. Calculate a value at run time
- Select Calculated value from decision table.
- In the list of decision tables, select a decision table
that you want to use, or create a new decision table.For more information about decision tables, see Authoring decision tables in App Studio.
For example: You can create a decision table that returns a loan limit for a customer based on the customer's income and account type.When you build a decision table, the system sources the columns for the table from the data model of the scope that you select for the configuration.
- Optional: To provide a unique ID for the configuration, expand the Advanced section, and then, in the ID field, enter a new value.
- Click Submit.