To create redirected rules, which are circumstance rules that are configured to reference other circumstance rules for the same base rules, complete the following tasks.
- Create a base rule for the decision table.
- Using the Save As toolbar operation, create each circumstanced rule that provides distinct results.
- Create additional circumstance rules for other values of the rule.
- Open the circumstance rule that you want to redirect to another circumstanced rule.
- On the Results tab of the circumstance version of the decision table that you want to redirect to the target rule, select the Redirect this Rule field.
- From the Circumstance Value list, select the circumstance value of the target rule.
- Redirected rule
A redirected rule is a circumstance rule that is configured to reference another circumstance rule for the same base rule. Redirection is available for Decision Tables ( Rule-Declare-DecisionTable).