- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Create a new ruleset or ruleset version:
- To create a new ruleset, in the RuleSet Name
field, enter a unique name for your ruleset.
The maximum length of a ruleset name is 32 characters. Avoid using spaces in your ruleset names.
- To create a new ruleset version, in the RuleSet Name field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the ruleset for which you want to create a new version.
Result: The system populates the version and description of your ruleset.
- To create a new ruleset, in the RuleSet Name field, enter a unique name for your ruleset.
- Optional: To change the version number of your ruleset, in the
Version field, enter a new value.
For example: Enter 01-01-03.By default, for a new ruleset version, the system enters 01-01-01 as the version number. For existing rulesets, the system increments the highest version by one patch number. In a version number, the two first digits correspond with the release, the middle digits correspond with the minor version or enhancement, and the final digits correspond with the patch version.
- Optional: To change the description of your ruleset, in the
Description field, enter a new value.
For example: Enter SampleRuleset:01-01-03By default, the system forms the description by combining the ruleset name and version number.
- Click Create and open.
- Configuring ruleset version settings
For improved management of your application, define the behavior of your ruleset and how it interacts with other elements of your application by configuring ruleset version settings.