Defining and creating specifications for an application is an iterative process that requires input from all stakeholders. If the information about a specification is detailed and up-to-date, the specification is more useful during the application development process.
You can associate a specification with one or more rules that implement it. For example, a single specification can correspond to an entire process, a single step in a flow, and an alternate path.
- Access specifications from one of the following locations in Dev Studio:
- From the Dev Studio menu, click .
- From the Application Overview landing page, click the Specifications link in the Details section.
On the Settings tab of a case type that you open from the Case Type Explorer, click Specifications.
The value displayed next to the Specifications option shows the number of case-wide specifications that are defined.
- Click Create specification to open the Add/Edit
Specification modal dialog and specify the following information:
- The name of the application
- The case type or supporting case type
- The Ruleset and Ruleset version
- On the Details tab of the rule form, specify additional information, such as a short description and detailed description of the specification, the status and complexity of its implementation, the type of rule it corresponds to, the target release and iteration, the primary business objective that it supports, and its business impact.
- In the Attachment section, add attachments (files and URLs) that provide more information about the specification.
- In the Advanced section, specify more information about the specification, including the actors and subject matter experts involved, requirements associated to the specification, and conditions for the successful implementation of the specification.
- On the Implementations tab, view, add, or remove the rules that correspond to, or link to, the specification.