- In App Studio, navigate to a condition builder that defines the application element that you want to edit.
- Optional: For proposition filters, to remove all previously added criteria from the condition builder, click .
- In the Configure condition section, in the list of values,
select a value to evaluate:
- To select a configuration that defines application behavior at run time, click Configurations, and then select the configuration from a configuration set.
- To select a field from a data model in your application, click Fields, and then select the field.
- To select a question to evaluate the answer at run time, click Questions, and then select the question.
- To select a prediction, click Predictions, and
then select the prediction.
If the prediction has a binary outcome, for example, the probability of a fraudulent claim, the following fields are available:
- Probability (value between 0 and 1, for example, 0.01)
- Segment (cutoff probability labels, if defined in the prediction, for example, Abnormal and Normal)
If the prediction has a continuous outcome, for example, future credit card transactions, the Value field is available and contains the predicted value.
- To select a when condition from your application, click When conditions, and then select the condition.
- In the comparator list, select a comparator.
- In the value field, enter or select a value that your application compares with the field in the data model or a when condition.
- Optional: To add more conditions, click the Add a row icon, and then repeat steps 3 through 5.
- If you add multiple conditions, between the rows, select the
and or or operator to define
how to evaluate the conditions.You can group conditions using the and or or operators.
- In the list in the upper-right of the page, select one of the following options
to specify how to evaluate condition groupings:
To evaluate the conditions that are linked with the AND operator as a group, and to evaluate the conditions that are linked with the OR operator individually, click Group ANDs.
With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as (1 AND 2) OR 3 OR 4. That is, either conditions 1 and 2 must both be true, or either one of conditions 3 and 4 must be true.
Group ORs - Select this option if you want conditions linked with the OR operator to be evaluated as a group, and conditions linked with the AND operator to be evaluated individually.
With this grouping, the grouping of condition 1 AND condition 2 OR condition 3 OR condition 4 is evaluated as 1 AND (2 OR 3 OR 4). That is, both condition 1 and one of conditions 2, 3, and 4 must be true.
- To define a grouping by both the AND and OR operators, click Use advanced logic, and then specify the condition grouping in the Logic string field.
- Optional: To reuse the condition in the future, save the condition to the library:
- For conditions in a workflow, click .
- For conditions in a proposition filter, click .