Ensure that your organization complies with security policies by defining security information for the operators in your system. You can manage operator authentication, passwords, and license types, to allow rule check out, and enable or disable the operator. As a result, operators can access your application safely, and then perform only the actions that are relevant to their roles.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Operators tab, select an operator that you want to
- On the Security tab, in the Access Settings
section, secure access to your application with a password:
- Click Update password.
- In the Change Operator ID Password dialog box, in the New password field, enter the new password.
- In the Confirm new password field, reenter the password.
- Click Submit.
The system converts the password to a hash value by using the salted bcrypt algorithm. The Storage Stream (BLOB) column of the pr_operators table contains the hashed value. By using the View XML action, you can discover only the hashed form of any operator password.
For more information about security polices, see Security policies.
- If the operator is an unattended operator, select the This is an unattended
operator (robot) check box.Unattended operators are robotic automation virtual machines (VMs). The system generates unattended operators for each registered VM in a robotic process automation (RPA) solution.
- Optional: To allow this operator to update rules in rulesets that use rule checkout, select the Allow rule check out check box.
- Optional: To authenticate this operator only through external authentication facilities, select the Use external authentication check box.
- Optional: To prompt the operator to change their password the next time the operator logs in, select the Force password change on next login check box.
- Optional: To disable the operator, select the Disable Operator check box.
- Optional: In the Starting activity to execute field, specify the first
activity that the system runs after authentication for this user is complete.The default is Data-Portal.ShowDesktop.
- In the License type list, indicate the operator type:
- To indicate that the operator is a person who does business operations by using an application or customer-created interface, select Named.
- To indicate that the operator is an abstract user to run agents, services, and
other background processes, or an external user that interacts with the application
through the Directed Web Access feature, select Invocation.
For unattended operators, the system selects Invocation by default.
- Click Save.