Improve the performance of your application by reducing content that is difficult to render. By running preflight optimization, you eliminate unnecessary static content and improve load times, which creates a better user experience.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Preflight Optimization screen, click Add optimization.
Add optimization configuration
dialog box, complete the
- On the Basic tab, in the Access group
list, select the access group that you want to optimize. The associated portal name is displayed on the right.
- On the Advanced tab, select individual rules for the
analysis of the application's design-time model. The Skip option determines if the rule is excluded from the analysis.
to save the optimization's configuration and
start the analysis.
If you run the access group's preflight optimization for the first time, or if you select the Use JS Compacting check box, the process might take a few minutes.
- On the Basic tab, in the Access group list, select the access group that you want to optimize.
the Enable check box on the Preflight
You might complete this step if you encounter problems in the application and want to isolate them for testing and correction before you repeat the optimization process.
- Rerunning a preflight optimization
If you change the access group's portal, the application, or the application’s skin after running the preflight optimization process, repeat the preflight optimization to remove any unnecessary static content or add necessary static content introduced by your changes.
View the preflight optimization report to see a list of components by category and to compare the static content’s original size to its optimized size.
- Improve application loading time with preflight optimization