By default, the Tracer traces your own requestor session. You can trace another session by using the Remote Tracer. The Remote Tracer lists every requestor that is connected to your Pega Platform server.
The first letter of the session ID identifies the requestor type:
- H – Internet Explorer-based users
- B – Background users such as agents, service requestors other than for Service Portal rules, and daemons
- A – External applications
- P – Access through Service Portlet rules
You cannot trace listener processing because listeners operate as Java threads, not full requestor sessions. Use remote logging to debug listeners.
- On the developer toolbar, click Tracer, or click on an activity, data transform, or service rule form.
- Click Remote Tracer.
- Select the session that you want to trace.
- Click Okay.