You can set breakpoints to pause processing for specific steps in activities.
When you set a breakpoint for an activity, the Tracer window acquires focus when you or the
selected requestor connection starts the activity.
For example, if a step in an
activity triggers a data transform, you can set a breakpoint before the step so that you can
analyze and understand how the system updates the values in the data transform.
Note: If you build your application on Cosmos React, Tracer does not
support breakpoints. Changing configurations for breakpoints in Cosmos React applications might cause issues.Note: You cannot view the clipboard when the system reaches a breakpoint during processing
because the requestor that the Tracer traces pauses.
- In the footer of App Studio, click the Open runtime toolbar icon, and then click
the Tracer icon.
- On the Tracer toolbar, click
- In the Class Name field, select the Applies To class that stores
an activity to trace.
- In the Activity Name field, select an activity.
- In the Where to Break list, select one of the following
- To stop processing when the activity starts, select
- To stop processing before a specific step, select the step number.
- To stop processing before every step, select all
- Click Set Break.
- Optional: To add more breakpoints, repeat steps 3 through
- Optional: To remove a breakpoint, in the Remove column, select the check
box, and then click Remove.
- Click Close.