You can use the Run Rule feature to test a data transform individually before testing it in the context of the application that you are developing. Additionally, you can convert the test run into a Pega unit test case.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click , and then select the data transform that you want to open.
- Click .
- In the Run context pane, select the thread, test page, and data
transform you want to use for the test.
- In the Thread list, select the thread in which you want to run the rule.
- In the Page list, select whether to copy parameter values
from an existing page or to create an empty page:
To use parameter values from an existing clipboard page in the selected thread, click Copy existing page, and then select the page you want to copy.
To start from a page containing no parameter values, click Empty test page.
- Optional: To apply a data transform, select the Apply data transform
check box, and then select the transform to apply.
- Optional: To change the values that are passed to the rule, provide the new values on the main test page.
- Click Run to run the test.
- To convert the test run into a Pega unit test case, click Convert to test, and then configure the test case. For more information, see Creating unit test cases for rules.
- Optional: If the rule has errors, then click Trace to debug it using the Tracer tool. For more information, see Application debugging by using the Tracer tool.
- Click Clipboard to open the Clipboard and examine the pages that are generated by the unit test. For more information, see Clipboard pages created by the Run Rule feature.