With the Connect Simulator functionality, test connect rules in flows and from data pages before the actual data source is implemented, or when it is not available.
To simulate a connector:
- Create an activity that sets values to the properties that are to be returned by the connector. For more information, see Creating an activity.
- On the Service tab of the Connector rule form, click the Simulations button to access the Simulations form.
- On the Simulations form, click Add a row.
- To enable simulation, in the Simulation Activity field, enter or select an activity.
- Select either the Global or User Session options.
- Click Submit.
When flow execution reaches the connector shape, the activity is called.
When you no longer need to simulate the connector, you can temporarily ignore all simulators by accessing the Connect Simulator window and clicking the Clear Local or Clear Global buttons.
You can also disable or enable simulations on the Connectors landing page.
Connect Simulator Properties
|Activity name (second key part) of an activity that simulates the results of the connector rule identified by the previous fields in this row.
|Enables system-wide use of the simulator whenever flow execution reaches the connector shape. When enabled along with a User Session, the User Session overrides the Global simulator.
|The simulation occurs only when the flow is started by the logged-in user. The User Session overrides a Global simulator.
|Remove the Simulation Activity.
|Click to clear the User Session option from all Simulation Activities.
|Click to clear the Global option from all simulation activities. This option is not available if the production level of the system is 5.
|Click to apply changes to the Connect Simulator.
|Click to close the Connect Simulator form.
For an example of a connector simulation, see the Pega Community article How to simulate a SOAP connector.