- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Definition.
- In the rule form header, click the Down arrow next to the Save button, and then click Save as.
- In the Application Record Configuration section, in the
Label field, enter a name of your development application.Team application names typically reflect the base application and team name or the focus of the team.
For example: For a base MyBankingApp application, the development team that works on the layout of the user portal can name the development application MyBankingAppPortal.
- Create a unique application rule by changing the identifier:
- In the Identifier section, click Edit.
- In the dialog box that is displayed, in the text field, enter a new identifier.
- Click OK.
- Optional: To create another version of a development application that already exists, in the Version field, enter a new version number.
- In the Context section, in the Add to
ruleset list, select a ruleset to store your edits.The ruleset that the system prompts by default is the ruleset in your production application. If you select a different ruleset, you are unable to add your changes directly to the production application.
- Click Create and open.
For branched development, create a new application by copying an existing application. As a result, the names of classes and rulesets remain unchanged. Consequently, you can conveniently merge your changes after the development in a branch is complete.
What to do next: