Ensure that the workflow in your organization is uninterrupted by defining operator availability and substituting operators that can receive work when the operator is unavailable. As a result, you ensure that the processing of your business cases continues even when some of the users are unavailable to perform work.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Operators tab, select an operator that you want
- Optional: To allow applications to route additional assignments to the worklist of the
user that the operator ID identifies, on the Work tab, in
the Availability section, select the Operator is
available to receive work check box.If you leave the check box cleared, the operator can log in, enter work items, or complete assignments that are already in the worklist. The operator can receive work from other operators and from a manager.
- Optional: To define the working days and national holidays for the operator, in the Business Calendar field, select the relevant calendar.
- If the operator might be unavailable in the future, in the Scheduled absences section, in the Unavailable form and To from, define a time period during which the operator is unavailable to perform work.
- Optional: To define more periods of unavailability for an operator, click Add item, and then repeat step 5.
- Optional: To define how an application routes work when the operator is unavailable, in
the When unavailable section, in the Substitute
operator type list, select who or what work queue receives
- To route work to another operator, select Operator.
- To route work to a list of assignments for a team, select Work queue.
- Optional: To determine a substitute for the unavailable operator at run time, in the
Decision tree to find substitute field, enter a
decision tree that evaluates conditions and finds another assignee for the
assignment.Based on your configuration in step 7, select a decision tree that returns either an operator ID or a work queue.
- Optional: To identify the operator ID or work queue name of a substitute for new
assignments that an application routes to the unavailable operator, enter a
relevant value in the Default to assignee field:
The system uses the value that you provide if you do not specify the decision tree to determine a substitute operator or the decision tree does not return a result.
- To route work to a specific user, enter the operator ID of the user.
- To route work to a team's list of assignments, enter the work queue.
- Click Save.